At Farmers Business Network, we’re excited to announce the recipients for the national FBN scholarship program. During the past four years, FBN has proudly partnered with land grant universities to sponsor college students during their higher education journey in agriculture.
We take pride in keeping Farmers First® and supporting family farms, and have made a commitment to support the development and growth of rural communities in North America. Farmers are the backbone of our food system and students are the future.
Scholarship recipients for the 2018-2019 academic year include:
- Iowa State University: Jakob Kruger and Jacob Lawfer
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign: Rachel Hawk and Joshua Keske
- Montana State University: Hetta Williams and Kristin Katchmar
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln: Tim Tabor
- University of Nebraska-Kearney: Lindsey Lammers
- North Dakota State University: Shelby Jo Grabanski and John Naas
- Purdue University: Cody Bausback and George Fontenot
- South Dakota State University: Cole Koenig and Tate Thooft
Each scholarship recipient received a $1,000 toward their post-secondary education.
Participating Universities and How to Apply
For the 2019-2020 academic year, FBN is partnering with the following universities to select scholarship recipients:
- South Dakota State University
- Iowa State
- Montana State
- North Dakota State
- Washington State University
Students are able to apply via their college’s scholarship page, which are linked above. For some pages, you will need to create or use your student portal in order to access an application. If you are a student at the above universities, we invite you to apply!
Recipients are selected based on the following criteria:
- Junior or senior academic status
- Students majoring in: Agribusiness, agricultural biosystems and Engineering, Plant Pathology, Plant Science, Precision Agriculture or Agronomy
- Students coming from an agricultural background, or students who demonstrate an interest in precision agriculture data, will receive first preference.
At FBN, we will continue to support future leaders of agriculture.
Looking for a career where you can put Farmers First® ?
By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information and buy smarter, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.