Lock-in a futures price without getting locked into a single buyer's basis.
How the FBN iHTA Works
- You lock-in a futures reference price with FBN just like you would with a traditional HTA
- You maintain the freedom to deliver to any buyer allowing you to shop around for the best basis offer
- You deliver grain to the delivery location of your choice under Farmers Business Network's name. We pay you the futures reference price + basis +/- any discounts or premiums and fees
FBN iHTA Benefits
- Lock in your futures price early: lock in a desirable futures price for delivery at any point in the 2018 crop marketing year
- More marketing flexibility: with an iHTA farmers have the flexibility to deliver their grain to the most desirable buyer in their area
- Technology enabled: we keep an eye on basis markets to help farmers find the right time and location for delivery - enabling farmers to track hundreds of buyers’ prices at once
- Experienced negotiation power: we have an experienced Grain Buyer on staff to conduct negotiation on behalf of farmers if they want support in doing so
Interested in an Independent Hedge-to-Arrive Contract?